Sunday, September 14, 2008

On our way to French Frigate Shoals

After a long day of transit yesterday, we are getting closer to the first site where we will be surveying, French Frigate Shoals. There are supposed to be some amazing sites here with large table corals (Acropora) and I can't wait to see them! I'm a bit nervous about doing my first dive (I believe in my skills, but working with new people and wanting to prove myself as competent can put a little pressure on!).
I'm getting used to the constant sway of the ship and I think I have finally figured out how to get most places that I need to be (most importantly, the mess!). The food has been fantastic (I don't normally get to eat stone crab, shrimp, and scallop pasta!) and I'm working with an amazing crew and scientific staff- thumbs up all around!

0 comments: