Monday, April 6, 2009

Guam is.....water slides!

My last day in Guam- I lost my bunk on the ship around 10:30am and we went into Tumon to check into the Pacific Island Club. Not the Marriott like the rest of the CRED clan, but the PIC- with water slides!
Our rooms weren't available yet, so we stashed our bags and walked up the street to Steaks and Shakes (a knock-off with yummy cheesesteaks and milkshakes) and then on to the largest K-Mart in the world. It didn't seem all that big, but if they claim it, then it must be true!
Did I mention that it was hot in Guam? What better way to cool off than to go to a water park. We are talking pools with multiple pools, floating animals, awesome 80's music, log rolls, lily pads and water slides- all foam mats. It wasn't really crowded, so we just kept going back up to the top and going down again- trying to figure out the best way to get the most speed. My abs and triceps are still sore and my elbows are all bruised- I think it's a sign that I'm out of shape when I can dive multiple days in a row and have no problem, but a water park makes me sore! I had such a great time though!

We had Thai food at Mariana Trench (on a scale of 1-10, the 4 was pretty hot!) and then went back to the water park!
Our flight left Guam at 6:10am, so we had a pretty early morning and I really wasn't looking forward to the 7.5 hour flight. I woke up three hours into the flight and had a nice scrambled eggs, spam and rice breakfast waiting for me! The trip didn't seem that bad and I was home with the girls by 7pm Saturday night (yep, I got to have two Saturdays in a row!)! Annette and Jeff took pity on me and let me stay for tacos and Saturday Night Live and then we went to the University of Hawaii baseball game to see the Rainbows beat the SJSU Spartans! Had a great time (especially with Bubbies mochi ice cream afterwards!).

0 comments: